PTA BOARD NOMINATIONS FOR THE 2018-2019 SCHOOL YEAR
The PTA is looking for enthusiastic PTA members who are ready and willing to become Officers for the 2018-2019 PTA Board.
Officer duties are as follows:
·Preside at all meetings of the PTA
·Coordinate the work of the officers and committees
·Submit the officers’ contact information form and verification of the employer Identification number to the Virginia PTA each year
·Serve as an ex-officio member of all committees except the nominating committee
·Have custody of all funds and Finances
· Keep full and accurate account of receipts and expenditures in accordance with the bylaws
·Make disbursements as authorized by the president, executive board, or general membership in accordance with the budget adopted by general membership
·Prepare a written financial statement at every PTA meeting and an annual financial report at the close of the fiscal year
·Submit a copy of the Audit to the Virginia State PTA 15 days following the adoption of the audit by membership
·Prepare and submit tax return and issue 1099s
·Act as aide to the president
·Perform the duties of the president in the
·Record the minutes of all meetings
·Keep the official copy of the by laws in PTA files
· Maintain the membership list as required by the Virginia PTA
What does the PTA do for the school?
The PTA works with parents and faculty to organize and facilitate events both during and after school hours that serve to enrich our children's educational experiences and build a stronger community.
Why should I serve on the PTA board?
1. Your child feels a sense of pride to know their parent holds an office.
2. You get to meet and work with wonderful people!
3. You stay updated and informed on what is going on at our school.
4. You can more effectively suggest change at our school.
5. Everyone has different strengths and talents. Everyone has something unique to offer our school and our children!
Can I hold a board position and work full time?
Yes! Many of our board members hold a full or part-time job.
To learn more about the Nomination process contact Marsha Emch, the chair of the Nominating committee.
- Wednesday, April 11
- Friday, April 13
- Monday, April 16
- Friday, April 27
- Wednesday, May 9